UK Government have proposed a £420 billion (minimum) subsidy for a French/Chinese consortium to build 12 nuclear production plants. We publish former Deputy Chair of the Liberal Democrats, Donnachadh McCarthy’s letter giving 16 persuasive reasons why this is a both ecological and economic madness. Read more
Nuclear Free Bristol
Bristol lies close to 2 nuclear power sites, and has no nuclear emergency plan. We want this to change.
The Mayor and several councillors have publicly stated that they are "anti-nuclear".
The City is signed up to the Mayors for Peace organisation.
The next step is to re-join the UK Nuclear Free Local Authorities (NFLA) organisation and work with other cities like Cardiff and Manchester.
NFLA provides support for members on issues like accident preparedness as well as lobbying government on behalf of members on nuclear issues.
We currently have a petition to Bristol City Council and are seeking councillors to sponsor a motion to rejoin NFLA before the 2015 Bristol Green Capital year.
Nuclear is NOT green, and Bristol IS at risk
NFB on Facebook
- Why idealism isn't just for dreamers – video gu.com/p/4cj74/stw 1 year ago
- Yet another piece of Tory party ideology....Nuclear plant project a step closer as Osborne makes £2bn guarantee gu.com/p/4chc5/stw 1 year ago
- In memory of the victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Never again! Ban nuclear weapons! : vimeo.com/135355477 2 years ago
- This cause is close to my heart - please sign: diy.rootsaction.org/petitions/mani… via @Roots_Action 2 years ago
- Austria files legal complaint against UK's Hinkley Point C nuclear plant gu.com/p/4adga/stw 2 years ago
- STOP Hinkley Point C: campaign against EU decision January 26, 2015
- Stop Trident Replacement December 1, 2014
- Construction Work has restarted at Hinkley Point November 27, 2014
- New Petition Now Online May 22, 2014
- Campaigners challenge Nuke-Research in Bristol May 18, 2014